Saturday 26 January 2013

Melanzana Glitter

This is Melanza (Aubergine) Glitter from the Italian brand Collistar. I picked this polish up at the airport while I was in Rome back in 2011, and hauled it here. I must add that it wasn't a quick decision to pick this one from the tens of others. Collistar nail polish, like their make up, is beautiful. If I could go back to Italy I would definitely do my research and set out with a list of polishes to buy.

Collistar is available in Sephora's in Italy, I've also heard rumours they are available in Belgium, but I'm not sure how true that is.


P1120152


MG is a dark purple/magenta glitter dispersed in a dark brown/black base. The combination is unlikely but gorgeous and oh-so sparkly!


P1120157


On the nails this polished reminded me a lot of OPI Tease-y Does It from the Burlesque Collection. So here it is compared.

In the bottles both polishes look pretty similar, in fact its hard to pick out any differences, very close colours, both have a yellow/gold almost green duo-chrome effect.


P1120161


Both polishes are pack with a dark purple/magenta glitter, MG applies a lot darker that TDI and the base colour is darker, TDI is a few shades lighter and took an extra coat to be opaque, this is three coats compared to MG's two coats. Drying time on both polishes was superb, and both dried to a nice glossy finish, not gritty at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment