Friday 25 January 2013

Cake Pigeon

Last November we traveled to Nottingham to see this lovely lady on tour and I an kicking myself for not posting this nail art! I cannot believe I forgot to post it.




P1090951


The modern Millican is renowned for her fondness of cakes, so in honour of that I decided a cupcake accent nail was needed!

The base colour is OPI Alta Ego, a beautiful sheer pinky-nude polish with a violet flash- utterly amazing. For the cupcake case I used Kiko Lilac no:330 and OPI Funky Donkey.

The base colour for the rest of my nails is Essie Turquoise and Caicos, I added white polka dots to my little finger, and some metallic nail tape I picked up on ebay for the stripes on my middle finger. The glitter on my pointer finger is Barry M np340 Aqua Glitter, isn't it gorgeous?


P1090965

P1090968

4 comments:

  1. They look lovely! I like the effect the tape gives.

    Madeupformorrissey.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its pretty isn't it? I love how metalic it looks, I could never achieve that with polish. x

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant mani, that cake looks delicious, i could eat it right up! Oh, but then i'd be eating your finger, AND it's your swatching hand....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! that would be terrible. What would I do then with all my polish??

      Delete