Friday 12 October 2012

#OrangeOctober Poppy

Day 12 #OrangeOctober

KleanColor Chunky Holo Poppy

KleanColor is a brand I know very little about, it wasn't until I was doing research for a holographic orange polish for #OrangeOctober that I had even heard of them. I believe this is an US brand? Made in China and not available on the UK market. After a bit of googling I couldn't resist and ordered these two of off eBay and they arrived last week.

P1090810

236 Chunky Holo Black and 229 Chunky Holo Poppy. In the bottles they look beautiful, glittery, duo-chrome whats not to like?

A bit more googling led me to this review Haul of Shame: KleanColor Holo Collection Swatches over at Swatch and Learn. Disappointment set in :( I hadn't realised these glitters were so sheer. These beauties in the bottle don't quite translate to the nail. a base coat was clearly needed.

Collection 2000 came to the rescue with Hip Hop, the perfect juicy orange shade to pear with Poppy.


P1090816

This is 2 coats of Hip Hop and Poppy.

P1090817

(sun)

P1090818

(shade)

As you can see, in some lights this is a very red-dy orange and the duo-chrome effect that you can see in the bottle just doesn't show up on the nails.

Note to self: try Poppy over black.

Have you tried KleanColor polishes? and if so, whats your favourite??

Don't forget you can share your #OrangeOctober swatches with me on Facebook or Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment