Monday 13 February 2012

Valentines Day 2012 - Tuxedo Nail Art


**WARNING!! this post is picture heavy**

Photobucket

Zooey Deschanel started up the Tux nail art trend at this years Golden Globes. But are you willing to dress up your nails in tuxedos?

Here's how I did this cute and simple nail art ....

I started by painting my nails all white, this is OPI Alpine Snow.

Photobucket

Then I drew "V" onto every nail to make the outline of the shirts.

Photobucket

and filled in the "jackets," here I am using OPI Black Onyx

Photobucket

Now add bow ties and 3 little buttons ...

Photobucket

You could finish here ,add your favourite top coat for a high gloss finish, but I decided to try out my new Barry M Instant Nail Effects in Silver Foil - which is perfect for nail art as it is opaque (even over black) in one coat.

Photobucket

and for an accent nail and a pop of colour I added a little rose on the lapel - perfect for Valentines

Photobucket

Have you tried out this nail trend?

Please share your photos with me on my FB page I can't wait to see all your fabulous nail art!

-xoxo-

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty I haven't tried this design yet :D x

      Delete