Wednesday 22 December 2010

NOTD - Get Lea Michele's Emmy's Nail look





For Lea's Emmy manicure Deborah Lippman used Lady Sings the Blues on fingers and toes - a deep navy base with cobalt blue large glitters, and silver and blue micro glitter.

My version of this looks isn't quite the same, it has more silver glitters, but this look cost under £6 instead of the normal £14 for a Deborah Lippman polish and that's always a bonus!



First I painted 2 coats of Barry M Navy no:292 to give a nice dark navy blue base to the nail, like that of Lady Sings the Blues. Then once that was dry I used 2 coats of Revlon Galaxy top coat as I found 1 coat to be a little lacking on the glitter.



Overall I was happy with the effect. I am in LOVE with Barry M Navy so I think this was always going to be a winner in my eyes, although I did find that the Barry M lost its metallic effect a tad once the top coat had been added. Maybe it was just the lighting or my eyes?

I have also decided that glitter is an absolute bitch to remove! especially the Revlon top coats and CG Party Hearty which is a shame as I love them so much. The past few days I have had to resort to having robot fingers (using Sayanythingbr00ke method of glitter removal). I may have looked ridiculous but it works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment